Several guidelines for restaurant-going:
(1) Always take the less advantageous chair (i.e. the one with the worse view, back to heavy traffic, etc.).
(2) Ask the person you're with whether they're ready to order before proceeding to order yourself.
(3) Interrupt your conversation when the server approaches your table.
(4) Thank the server for everything, including water refills.
(5) Never ask for a different table once you're already seated.
(6) Wait until after you've ordered to use the bathroom.
(7) Never ask what someone at another table is eating.
(8) Order a coffee for dessert at the very least, so your companion feels comfortable getting something if they're so inclined.
(9) Never leave a restaurant once you've already been seated.
(10) If you're paying for another person, never suggest that they get the cheapest thing on the menu.
(11) Assume that you're splitting the bill, unless otherwise discussed.